– OUR CLINIC POLICY FOR CORONA VIRUS – COVID-19
Updated 9:44am 16th February 2022 – updates will be made as changes occur.
CHANGES FROM 7th FEBRUARY 2022 – Click here for more information.
In compliance with QLD Health directives:
Both fully vaccinated and unvaccinated people will be able to access essential services and activities, which includes veterinary services. It is not required for you to show your vaccination passport to staff upon entering.
While we see one patient, we ask your family to please remain OUTSIDE the clinic until asked to enter. Preferably, in your car, or our shaded lawn areas. Please call if you would like to confirm if we are running on time with appointments. We also ask that you please do not crowd around the door if you see people inside. Masks will be provided if you do not have one.
We recommend all our clients:
- PLEASE CALL AHEAD BEFORE COMING IN. Please give us a ring on (07) 3814 4888. Remember to bring a mask!
- If you have been overseas, in contact with anyone in self-isolation waiting for results on a COVID-19 test, or have/know anyone who has been tested positive, please remain at home. Please let us know ahead of time so we can take special precautions.
- If you are at risk or concerned about coming in, please remain in your car, and call us to let us know you are here.
- We encourage everyone to use EFTPOS facilities rather than cash. We will still take cash payments at this time.
Please call us if you would like to discuss anything or have any questions. We will do our best to help!
We are in this together, and together we will get through. Good health!